Appleton Dryer Vent Cleaning Service
Yearly Dryer Vent Cleaning Prevents Fires
Every year, an average of 15,000 house fires start in laundry rooms. The culprit: lint clogs in dryer vents.
As superheated dryer exhaust blasts through the vent, it encounters packed walls of accumulated, highly-flammable lint, causing a serious fire hazard. Combine this with a flammable vinyl or foil-wrapped dryer vent hose and it’s a recipe for disaster.
But it's easy to significantly reduce the risk of dryer fires; just contact Dryer Vent Wizard. Our company specializes in dryer duct cleaning, protecting homes across Eastern Wisconsin.
Professionals and experts recommend a yearly dryer vent cleaning for home safety (or twice yearly for big families who need to use the appliance more frequently).
We offer any dryer duct service you need:
- Dryer duct cleaning in Appleton, WI
- Dryer duct installation in Appleton, WI
- Dryer duct repair in Appleton, WI
- Dryer duct rerouting in Appleton, WI
Dryer Vent Wizard Is the Only Company in the Fox Cities Region Devoted Solely to Dryer Vent Safety
Dryer Vent Wizard of northeast Wisconsin serves the entire Fox Valley region as well as Wausau and surrounding areas. In addition to dryer vent cleaning, we also install dryer ductwork, replace those flimsy and flammable Mylar vent lines with rigid aluminum vent lines, reroute improperly routed vent lines, and make repairs to existing vent lines as needed. We can also give your dryer a thorough internal cleaning—which is highly recommended if your dryer is more than 10 years old.
Unlike other local companies, we specialize in dryer vents. It’s all we do. We’ve seen every imaginable problem with dryer vents and know exactly what needs to be done to ensure your dryer vent lines are clean, up to code, and correctly installed in order to minimize the chance of a fire.
How to Tell if Your Dryer Vent Is Clogged
- Your clothes don’t come out dry – Even if you run your clothes through two or three cycles in the dryer, they may still come out a little damp. This is because a dryer vent is designed to push out hot moist air, but vents clogged with lint makes the moist air stay inside the dryer.
- There’s a moldy smell coming from your dryer – Mold and mildew can form in your dryer vent line when moisture can’t exit the dryer due to a clog.
- Condensation forms on walls and ceilings around your dryer – When moist air can’t escape through your dryer vent line, then it will go somewhere else. If not back inside the dryer, it will escape into your laundry room, causing condensation to form on your walls and ceiling.
- A burning smell is coming from your dryer – Most likely lint inside the vent line or dryer housing is getting burnt if you can smell it. If this is the case, this is a fire hazard and you should stop using your dryer IMMEDIATELY to have it inspected by the professionals at Dryer Vent Wizard.
- Dryer exterior is hot to the touch – Your dryer is bound to get a little warm when using it, but if it’s abnormally hot to the touch after a cycle, then that means the dryer vent is not exhausting air properly.
- There is lint around the door of your dryer instead of the lint trap – Lint should end up in the lint trap, but when your vent is too clogged and you don’t clean the lint trap enough, then it will end up inside and around the door of your dryer
Dryer Vent Cleaning and Repair in Outagamie County
The professional Dryer Vent Wizards provide expert dryer vent services in cities all around the Appleton area, including:
Services Offered by Dryer Vent Wizard
Dryer Vent Cleaning Appleton
Schedule dryer vent cleaning in Appleton. Accumulated lint in your dryer vent line blocks the flow of dryer exhaust. If you have a gas dryer, you’re at risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. That is, if the lint clog doesn’t ignite and catch your house on fire first. If you don’t believe us, check with your local Fire Marshall. They routinely recommend having dryer vents cleaned at least once per year.
Dryer Vent Rerouting Appleton
Schedule dryer vent rerouting in Appleton. Dryer venting is often routed in an unnecessarily circuitous manner. The more twists and turns it takes, the greater the chance of lint accumulating and igniting. Our technicians will reroute your dryer vent in the safest, most efficient manner possible—using rigid or semi-rigid aluminum housing to minimize the risk of a fire spreading.
If your dryer is exhausting into your home, into an attic or a crawl space, you risk having mold develop there. And if you have a gas dryer, you also risk carbon monoxide poisoning. We will route your dryer vent to an exterior wall so it can be safely exhausted outside.
Dryer Vent Repair Appleton
Schedule dryer vent repair in Appleton. Dryer vents sometimes detach from their connection to your dryer and can get crushed by the dryer being pushed too far against them. If they’re those cheap, flexible transition tubes, they can even have small punctures in them. Often, the person who installed the long runs of dryer venting used duct tape to secure sections of the venting together, and over time it has fallen off due to the heat and humidity of exhaust in the vent.
We’ll secure your loose aluminum venting with foil tape to prevent sections of the vent from disconnecting and releasing exhaust into your home. While we don’t repair the flimsy vinyl or foil-wrapped venting, we can replace it with flexible or rigid aluminum venting.
Dryer Vent Installation Appleton
If you’re having a new dryer vent installed in Appleton, or need to get your old dryer connected in your new place, ensure the safety of your home by letting us install up-to-code rigid aluminum vent lines. The cheapo vinyl or foil-wrapped dryer venting is such a fire hazard that most dryer manufacturers now warn against their use. Not only are they prone to clogs, but they erupt in flames if lint inside catches fire.
Dryer Vent Wizard of northeast Wisconsin serves Appleton, Oshkosh, Neenah, Fond du Lac, Green Bay, Sheboygan and surrounding areas.