Dryer Vent Cleaning in Edgerton, WI
How to Reduce the Risk of Dryer Fires
Most people don’t realize it, but the vent line from a clothes dryer needs to be cleaned on at least once a year – not just to keep the dryer running efficiently, but to prevent a fire starting in the vent line and spreading to the rest of your house. Every time you run a load of laundry in your dryer, small particles of lint make their way past the lint trap and into your dryer vent. Over time, the lint builds up inside the vent to the point it obstructs the flow of dryer exhaust. The highly flammable lint gets heated by the hot dryer exhaust to the point it ignites.
Every year, nearly 16,000 house fires are caused by lint clogs in dryer vent lines catching fire – don’t put your home and family at risk! Call the Dryer Vent Wizards of Southeast Wisconsin to schedule an inspection, and if we spot a problem with your vent line while we’re at your home or business, we’ll find the best solution for you.
How To Tell If Your Dryer Vent Is Clogged
- Your clothes don’t come out dry – Even if you run your clothes through two or three cycles in the dryer, they may still come out a little damp. This is because a dryer vent is designed to push out hot moist air, but vents clogged with lint makes the moist air stay inside the dryer.
- There’s a moldy smell coming from your dryer – Mold and mildew can form in your dryer vent line when moisture can’t exit the dryer due to a clog.
- Condensation forms on walls and ceilings around your dryer – When moist air can’t escape through your dryer vent line, then it will go somewhere else. If not back inside the dryer, it will escape into your laundry room, causing condensation to form on your walls and ceiling.
- A burning smell is coming from your dryer – Most likely lint inside the vent line or dryer housing is getting burnt if you can smell it. If this is the case, this is a fire hazard and you should stop using your dryer IMMEDIATELY to have it inspected by the professionals at Dryer Vent Wizard.
- Dryer exterior is hot to the touch – Your dryer is bound to get a little warm when using it, but if it’s abnormally hot to the touch after a cycle, then that means the dryer vent is not exhausting air properly.
- There is lint around the door of your dryer instead of the lint trap – Lint should end up in the lint trap, but when your vent is too clogged and you don’t clean the lint trap enough, then it will end up inside and around the door of your dryer.
Dryer Vent Services for Edgerton Homes
Our services not only prevent dryer fires, but they also improve the performance and efficiency of your dryer. Dryer Vent Wizard's certified experts have years of experience cleaning, repairing and rerouting dryer vents. We use specialized vent cleaning tools to ensure we get the lint out... all of it!
Our professional dryer vent services include:
Clogged dryer vents impact your life in ways you might not realize, and you need a team of professionals to ensure your dryer is working at peak performance. Call us today to learn more, or to schedule an appointment for a home inspection!