Dryer Vent Cleaning Evansville, WI
Get the Southeast Wisconsin Dryer Vent Experts
Every year, an average of 15,000 house fires are caused by trapped lint in a dryer vent going up in flames. When a dryer vent line gets clogged with lint, hot air gets trapped inside and could potentially light the lint on fire. If the fire isn't caught quickly, it can burn down your entire house in a matter of minutes.
Don't let a dryer fire happen at your home. Make sure your clothes dryer venting is free of lint and properly routed. With a little preventive maintenance, you can avoid being the next statistic. The fire marshal recommends at least a once yearly cleaning of dryer vents--more if you have a big family and do a lot of laundry.
If you are due for a dryer vent cleaning, call the southeast Wisconsin Dryer Vent Wizards today to schedule an appointment.
How To Tell If Your Dryer Vent Is Clogged
- Your clothes don’t come out dry – Even if you run your clothes through two or three cycles in the dryer, they may still come out a little damp. This is because a dryer vent is designed to push out hot moist air, but vents clogged with lint makes the moist air stay inside the dryer.
- There’s a moldy smell coming from your dryer – Mold and mildew can form in your dryer vent line when moisture can’t exit the dryer due to a clog.
- Condensation forms on walls and ceilings around your dryer – When moist air can’t escape through your dryer vent line, then it will go somewhere else. If not back inside the dryer, it will escape into your laundry room, causing condensation to form on your walls and ceiling.
- A burning smell is coming from your dryer – Most likely lint inside the vent line or dryer housing is getting burnt if you can smell it. If this is the case, this is a fire hazard and you should stop using your dryer IMMEDIATELY to have it inspected by the professionals at Dryer Vent Wizard.
- Dryer exterior is hot to the touch – Your dryer is bound to get a little warm when using it, but if it’s abnormally hot to the touch after a cycle, then that means the dryer vent is not exhausting air properly.
- There is lint around the door of your dryer instead of the lint trap – Lint should end up in the lint trap, but when your vent is too clogged and you don’t clean the lint trap enough, then it will end up inside and around the door of your dryer
Prevent a Dryer Fire with Our Wide Range of Services
Dryer Vent Cleaning Evansville
One of the best moves you can make in dryer fire prevention is getting your dryer vent line cleaned once a year by our team of professionals. We remove lint, debris, and other types of clogs from your dryer vents to ensure proper airflow throughout your venting system. In all cases, Dryer Vent Wizard helps protect your home from a dangerous fire hazard while saving you time and money.
Dryer Vent Repair Evansville
A dryer vent inspection by one of our certified Dryer Vent Wizards will determine whether you need a new dryer or a simple vent repair. Flimsy vinyl or foil-wrapped dryer vent lines tend to break or get crushed rather easily, so the Dryer Vent Wizards of southeast Wisconsin repair dryer vent lines with rigid aluminum to decrease the chance of the vent breaking again.
Dryer Vent Rerouting Evansville
The location of your dryer plays a key role in its efficiency and safety. Ideally, the dryer should be on an exterior wall to avoid long runs of dryer vent. The recent trend of placing dryers in the center of a home has resulted in long vent lines with multiple elbow joints and turns. This reduces airflow and increases the risk of lint clogs.
Dryer Vent Installation Evansville
Improper venting isn’t just a threat to your property. Misaligned or poorly installed vents cause dryers to fail in their primary duty – drying. Our certified technicians have years of experience installing dryer vents and are highly trained in all aspects of dryer vent maintenance. As the only business in Wisconsin focuses solely on dryer vents, you can't find a better-qualified dryer vent company.