Menasha Dryer Vent Cleaning
Improve dryer efficiency and safety with an annual dryer vent cleaning
Most people don’t realize it, but the vent line from a clothes dryer needs to be cleaned on at least an annual basis—not just to keep the dryer running efficiently, but to prevent a fire starting in the vent line and spreading to the dryer…and your house.
|These homeowners were lucky all they lost was a clothes dryer.|
Here’s the problem: every time you run a load of laundry in your dryer, small particles of lint make their way past the lint trap and into your dryer vent. Over time, the lint builds up inside the vent to the point it obstructs the flow of dryer exhaust. The highly flammable lint gets heated by the hot dryer exhaust to the point it ignites.
Every year, nearly 16,000 house fires are caused by lint clogs in dryer vent lines catching fire or lint accumulation INSIDE the dryer. Yes, in addition to collecting inside the vent line, lint also finds its way into the interior of the dryer where the heat box is—which is why Dryer Vent Wizard also offers deep cleaning of dryers.
If you haven’t had your dryer vent cleaned in the past year, or can’t remember the last time it was cleaned, schedule an appointment with Dryer Vent Wizard for an inspection and cleaning. In most cases, the cost of a cleaning more than pays for itself by making your dryer more efficient.
Why Choose Dryer Vent Wizard for Vent Cleaning?
Unlike HVAC companies and handyman services, Dryer Vent Wizard is the only company in Wisconsin focused solely on dryer vent cleaning. Our technicians are all C-DET certified and equipped with the tools to thoroughly clean dryer vents. No one knows dryer vents like Dryer Vent Wizard.
If we spot a problem with your vent line while we’re at your home or business for a vent cleaning, like a poorly routed vent line or one with screws protruding into the vent, we can take care of it. Since we are licensed to do structural work on buildings, we can also perform any work that requires modifying any part of your home’s structure (such as installing an external vent).
7 Signs Your Dryer Vent Line Is Probably Clogged
- Your clothes don’t dry in one cycle– It shouldn’t take two or more cycles in your dryer to get your laundry dry. If it does, this is a sure sign your vent is clogged and the hot, damp air of your dryer’s exhaust is backing up into your dryer and preventing your clothes from drying.
- Your dryer has a moldy smell – When moisture isn’t properly exhausted through your vent line, mold and mildew forms inside. The smell is noticeable when you open your dryer door.
- You have condensation on the walls and ceilings of your laundry room – When moist air isn’t exhausted through your vent line, it escapes into your laundry room, causing condensation to form on your walls and ceiling.
- You notice a burning smell when your dryer is running – Lint trapped in a vent line, or inside your dryer, can start to smolder when running the dryer. If you notice a burning odor, stop using your dryer IMMEDIATELY and have it inspected by Dryer Vent Wizard.
- The outside of your dryer is hot to the touch – Clothes dryers typically get a little warm to the touch when in use, but if the top of your dryer is really hot it’s a sure sign the dryer exhaust is backing up in your vent line due to a clog.
- You find lint around the door of your dryer instead of the lint trap – This is another sure sign your vent line is clogged. Lint from the vent line is backing up into your dryer. In most cases, you’ll also notice there’s not much lint on your lint trap screen.
Dryer Vent Wizard Services
Dryer Vent Cleaning in Menasha
Dryer Vent Wizard cleans dryer vent lines at homes, apartment complexes, condominiums and businesses throughout the greater Menasha area. A yearly cleaning is sufficient in most cases, but if you do 5 or more loads of laundry per week or launder a lot of blankets or clothing with pet hairs on them, we recommend a twice yearly cleaning.
Schedule Dryer Vent Cleaning in Menasha
Dryer Vent Repair in Menasha
A dryer vent that has been crimped or crushed restricts airflow and promotes lint accumulation. The culprit is often the transition vent line, that short vent from the dryer to the main vent line. These are easily damaged by moving the dryer too far back against the wall. If you have one of those flimsy, foil wrapped transition vents, we can replace it with a flexible aluminum vent.
Another common problem is vent lines connected with screws – the screws protrude inside the vent, providing a perfect place for lint to accumulate. Our Menasha dryer vent repair technicians replace damaged or improperly installed vents so your dryer performs properly and safely.
Schedule Dryer Vent Repair in Menasha
Dryer Vent Installation in Menasha
If you’ve just moved into a new home and it doesn’t have a dryer vent line, or the one there is in terrible shape, give us a call. Dryer Vent Wizard installs vent lines in full compliance with all building safety codes. Since we are licensed to make modifications on buildings, we can install rooftop or wall vents if needed.
Schedule Dryer Vent Installation in Menasha
Dryer Vent Rerouting in Menasha
Take a look at your dryer vent line. If it has multiple twists and turns and runs longer than 25 ft., you likely have problems with your dryer not getting your clothes fully dry in one cycle. It’s because the dryer exhaust backs up inside that long length of vent.
Dryer Vent Wizard reroutes vent lines to take the shortest route possible to the exterior vent. If the location of your laundry room necessitates running a vent line longer than 25 ft., we can install a booster fan in the vent line to ensure the dryer exhaust is carried outside.
Schedule Dryer Vent Rerouting in Menasha
Dryer Interior Cleaning in Menasha
Even with conscientious cleaning of the lint trap, lint will make its way to the interior of your dryer. Over time, it forms a blanket of lint over the internal components—one of which is the heat box. As you can imagine, a layer of highly flammable lint on the heat box is a disaster waiting to happen.
Because lint buildup inside dryers is such a hazard, Dryer Vent Wizard offers “deep cleaning” of dryer interiors. If you’ve never had the inside of your dryer cleaned and it’s over 5 years old, we highly recommend having it done in conjunction with a vent cleaning.
Request a Quote on a Deep Cleaning for Your Dryer
Dryer Vent Wizard of northeast Wisconsin serves Menasha, Neenah, Oshkosh, Appleton, Fond du Lac Sheboygan, Green Bay and nearby areas.