Dryer Vent Cleaning is a Quick and Easy Life-Saver
Wisconsin Dryer Vent Cleaning Company Prevents Home Fires, Saves You Money
The standard dryer lint trap only catches between 40-60% of the lint generated in the average household dryer. The extra lint ends up in your dryer’s exhaust system and gets stuck in the exhaust vent.
There are several warning signs your dryer vent needs a cleaning immediately:
- If you need to START ANOTHER CYCLE … your vent is clogged!
- Look for CONDENSATION around the machine, especially on the ceiling. This means your dryer is retaining moisture rather than properly dispersing it through the vents. Dryer vents should be cleaned every one to three years- something most families never even think about! Not getting cleaned adds to the risk of a home fire.
- Have you noticed a BURNING SMELL during the drying cycle? This is a dangerous indicator showing there’s enough lint blocking the vent to combust. If you smell burning, turn off your dryer immediately and call us for a quick cleaning.
- Your DRYER LINT SCREEN is catching debris unevenly or not at all. If lint seems to collect on one side or has stopped collecting, this is a good sign of a clog or blockage because your airflow has been stopped. Clogs should be dislodged with a routine cleaning.
- If your dryer feels HOT TO THE TOUCH, this is a sign of trouble. A dryer is supposed to contain the heat it creates. If the machine is hot to the touch, the vent is almost certainly blocked.
- If you notice a MOLDY SMELL from the dryer, the moisture is not exiting the dryer properly
- If you notice EXCESSIVE LINT BEHIND THE DRYER, call us today! Lint that escapes from a poor connection can easily get sucked inside your dryer and ignite on the heating element of an electric dryer or the flames of a gas dryer, starting a fire that can spread to other components of the dryer.
- If you notice LINT AROUND THE DRYER DOOR, the air is not properly exiting the dryer through the vent.
Benefits of Cleaning Your Dryer Vents
Dryer Vent Wizard professionally removes lint, debris and clogs from dryer vents to ensure proper airflow through the venting system. We can also repair damaged dryer vents. In all cases, Dryer Vent Wizard helps protect your home from a dangerous fire hazard while saving you time and money.
In one year over *16,800 dryer fires occurred due to blocked ventilation systems in home dryers. This is a pity because it’s an easy fix and highly cost-effective.
*U.S. Fire Administration’s (USFA) National Fire Incident Reporting System (NFIRS) and the National Fire Protection Association’s (NFPA) annual fire department experience survey (2012)